❖Happy Homemaker Monday *18* ❖







Week *18* 


The weekend passed so quickly........ Saturday M had a party so we were back and forth delivering her and picking her up, in between we did some shopping and went to the library.  W chose some books and DVDs for him and M and we picked up a pile of books for H (14) ~ she has nearly finished them all already, she reads so fast!  
Today the sun is shining and the Autumn colours are beautiful, but it is not going to last as cold weather is predicted for next week and then all the leaves will be gone until the Springtime :o(  Today I am all alone for a change so I will have the time and peace and quite to enjoy a little Autumn beauty!

Here's our week ahead ..........

The weather::: 


Min.Max.
Mardi
St. Edmond
/
Mercredi
Présentation de...
/
Jeudi
Ste. Cécile
/
Vendredi
St. Clément
/

Right now I am:::
Eating breakfast at the dinning room table, enjoying the Autumn sunshine flooding through the front door.


Thinking that:::
I have the whole day to myself today (R is working all day).  There is so much I would like to do, I don't know where to start!

On my/our reading pile(s)::: 
"Sovreign" by C.J.Sansom (still!!)  
This week I have also read "Mitten strings for God: reflections for mothers in a hurry" by Katrina Kenison
"The Enchanted Wood" by Enid Blyton
C: ?
H: "Les Ailes d'Alexanne" by Anne Robillard
M: "Les deux gredins" by Roald Dahl
W: "Le loup qui voulait manger le pere Noel" by Robert Ayats
R: Something by Peter Robinson


On my TV:::

The Paradise
Strictly Come Dancing (Saturday night family viewing)
Law and Order
DCI Banks

On the menu for this week:::
Monday - Beef Stroganoff
Tuesday - Sausage, boudin and special mash
Wednesday - BBQ ribs
Thursday - Chicken chasseur
Friday -  Garlic pasta

Saturday
 - Fajitas
Sunday
 - Roast chicken

On my to do list:::
*Tidy up, tidy up, tidy up ........
*Make sure all the Halloween decorations have been put away
*Chop up and freeze our remaining pumpkins
*Start making home made Christmas presents
*Check what we already have and order remaining Christmas presents
*Start wrapping Christmas presents
*Muck out the cows and chicken
*Secure the duck house door (they keep flying out!)
*Ironing
*Laundry (as always) 

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::  
*Another Granny Blanket (still!)
*Presents for the teachers and helpers at school

 Looking around the house:::
*The sun is shining 
*The cat and dog are cuddled up in a corner 
*Everywhere needs tidying up ~ I want to get the house tidy before we put the Christmas decorations up the weekend after next
*It's just me here and all is quiet apart from the hum of the heater

What is everyone else doing right now?:::
*The children are all at school, college or lycee
*R is in Eymoutier with a group of school children ~ he has just phoned and said it is beautiful there.

From the camera:::


Too cool for school!!


On my mind:::
*Not much really (!) Just the need to get our house straight and where to start!

Something to make you smile:::
Yesterday morning when I went to let the ducks out, one of them was missing.  I feared the worst as she is a terror for getting out of the house by herself ......... but then I found her!!





I hope you all have a great week!

Today I am going to link up with other "Happy Homemakers" here at Diary of a stay at home Mom so please pop over if you want to see what others are up to this week all around the world. :o)

Comments

Popular Posts