You will need:
222 dandelion flowers (approx) ~ just the yellow petals, no green bits!
2 pints of water
What to do.....
2. Chop the pear and put it in the pan
3. Juice the orange and lemons and put in the pan along with the grated rind
4. Add 2 pints of water
5. Boil for 10 minutes (approx) ~ mashing with a potato masher intermediately
6. Allow to cool a little and then strain through a sieve, squishing to get all the liquid out
7. Return the liquid to the pan (I topped it up to 2 pints with water)
8. Add a bag of jam sugar ** and the petal from a few more dandelions
|Be careful, it can get a bit feisty!!|
9. Slowly bring to the boil stirring and then rolling boil until setting point is reached
|Look what I found to help measure the jam temperature||~ it used to belong to my Great Uncle|
10. Pot and leave to set.
|Mrs Powell's delicious dandelion jam!|
** I have been experimenting with less sugar 2/3 a bag of sugar still tastes delicious but produces slightly less jam.
This recipe makes about 3 medium jam jars.
I am linking up with The Prairie Homestead Barn Hop